CONCEALED SIGNSOne sign that there might be a growth in your home is if you’re constantly getting allergies while indoors that clear up once you’re outside. Another sign is a persistent odor of dampness or mustiness. Even if you cannot see the origin of the smell, there is a good chance that it is growing underneath walls or floors.
OBVIOUS SIGNSVisible amounts of mold may start as small clusters at first, which is easy to mistake for dust or soot. Do not think that by wiping away these patches that you are nipping the problem in the bud. There is most likely a bigger colony that may not be in the same area. Other signs of growth can be chipped, bubbling, crackling paint or wallpaper. Discoloration, water stains, warping and bulging walls are also a good sign that there may be mold in the immediate area.
OTHER SIGNSIf you have continuous moisture problems, you also have to consider that your house is a breeding ground waiting to happen. Notice where condensation on metal pipes and windows occur often, this can be a site for future mold growth. Obviously, leaks and floods also contribute to the problem.
Once you have ascertained that there is mold on your home, do not waste time as mold can get toxic pretty fast. Call EcoPure Restoration for reliable mold remediation. http://www.ecopurerestoration.com/restoration-services/mold